Interested in astronomy and physics but a lover of all of the sciences. Listener of Grizzly Bear, Talking Heads, and The Shins. Carl Sagan and Richard Feynman enthusiast. WARNING: I'm an antitheist, so don't follow me and complain about my hatred for religion and belief in God/gods. If you wish to challenge me on any of my opinions, I encourage you to do so. Thank you.
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (via we-are-star-stuff)
Richard Dawkins is a smart man; his contributions to the biological sciences are many. Too bad his expertise in biology doesn’t preclude him from making foolish and offensive claims about rape.
nerd got fucking owned, lmao
- Arun Gupta (via mansplainedmarxist)
The design revisions were:
- Strategic cut-outs shape to fit fingers in such a way that it is easy to bend them and not disrupt the bandage.
- An intelligent dressing material allows you to regularly check wounds from the outside, without upsetting the healing process.“According to research, the when an infection of a wound is detected, the pH value is between 6.5 and 8.5. AmoeBAND’s indicator cross turns purple, alerting the user needs to change it immediately.”
- Since the bandage material used exudes a leather-like feel, availability in different skin-tones helps it blend in, without overly highlighting the injury.
- The packaging has been redesigned to a matchbox style and includes Braille instructions.
Hat tip to designers Tay Pek-Khai, Hsu Hao-Ming, Tsai Cheng-Yu, Chen Kuei-Yuan, Chen Yi-Ting, Lai Jen-Hao, Ho Chia-Ying, Chen Ying-shan, Weng Yu-Ching, and Chung Kuo-Ting
it’s always funny when people improve on something and you look at the innovations and it’s like so fucking obvious what needed to be changed, but yet no one seemingly thought of it until then, yourself included
^^^^^^^ high fives
Ode to Apollo 11 and the joy of discovery
…A different telling of the same story.
I doubt there will ever be a comedian as great as the irreverent George Carlin. If you have a Netfilx account be sure to check him out. “It’s Bad for Ya” and “You Are All Diseased” are by far my favorites.
Earth is definitely warming… thanks to this sick burn!
I know what you’re thinking. There’s no way you’re gonna watch seven minutes of C-SPAN2. You wouldn’t even watch seven minutes of C-SPAN1, amirite?!
What if I told you that contained within this seven minutes is the most epic smackdown of congressional climate science denial ever uttered in the halls of the U.S. Capitol? Perhaps the most sick and depressing call-out of those who refuse to accept science since John Oliver invited Bill Nye out on stage?
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) is about to give that to you.
Here he is scolding climate conspiracy theorist, science denier, and recipient of more than $1 million from the fossil fuel industry, Sen. James Inhofe (R-Alternate Reality), after Inhofe blocked a resolution that would have simply acknowledged the reality of man-made climate change.
"The only place… where denial is anything credible any longer, is here in Congress, where the money from the fossil fuel industry still has a vicious effect."
If it weren’t such a dire issue, I’d be smiling. Thanks to Phil Plait for posting this.